Jun 6, 2011

Biscuits and Buttons

Hello Again!

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  My husband was gone all weekend so I was home alone, which sucks because I never sleep when he is gone.  Luckily my family only lives about 5 minutes away, so guess where I was?  On Saturday my mother made some of her great fried chicken strips.  Maybe she'll let me post her recipe one day, they are delicious!  But anyway, to go with the fried chicken I made some semi-homemade cheddar biscuits.  You know, the awesome biscuits they serve at Red Lobster.  If you haven't had them before I suggest you try them, ASAP!  If you don't feel like spending an arm and a leg for your family to go to dinner, then I have a great alternative.  The internet is a wonderful thing.  I found this recipe for these biscuits several years ago, and it is pretty close to what Red Lobster serves.

So, for the dough you are going to need:
  • 1 1/4 lbs of Bisquick (I calculated it to be 5 cups)
  • 3 Oz. of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 11 Oz. cold water
 Butter Spread:
  • 1/2 cup of melted butter (usually 1 stick)
  • 1 teas. garlic powder
  • 1/4 teas. salt
  • 1/8 teas. onion powder
  • 1/8 teas. dried parsley flakes
Mix the Bisquick water and cheese in a large bowl until the dough is firm.  Use a small scoop to place the dough on a baking pan.


Be sure to line the pan with baking paper, like parchment paper.  Bake in 375 degree oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until they are golden brown on top.


While the biscuits are baking, melt your butter and then add the garlic through parsley to the melted butter.  I like to add a little extra pinch of parsley flakes, but not too much.  Once the biscuits are done, brush them with the garlic topping.  Make sure to brush the butter on while the bread is hot.  Also, occasionally stir the butter mixture while the batches of bread bake, or before you use it again so it doesn't separate.  If the butter starts to firm up, just microwave it for a few seconds.


I usually get a little over 2 dozen using a small scoop.  You can make them bigger if you wish, but you may need to increase bake time by a couple of minutes.  Hope you try this out, and Enjoy!  Let me know if you make them.

One more thing!  I now have a button for my blog.  Woo hoo!  I made it myself, it's nothing fancy but I have to start somewhere right?  Check it out here, or in the sidebar.


4 comments:

  1. The Red Lobster biscuits are super dangerous to my figure, I'm almost scared to try your recipe! They look delicious. *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think that since they are homemade they are healthier...haha. They are just too good to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so yummy! I am a sucker for all bread products so I can't wait to try them. I'll have to make sure there is a group for dinner though because I could be tempted to eat the whole batch. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna, I know what you mean! Every time I make them I have to keep reminding myself to stop. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...