Jun 10, 2011

Big Inspiration and Great Resources

What inspires you?  

I know this question gets asked a lot, and it is something that I ask myself all the time.  I feel that inspiration is truly never ending.  Just when you think something might have been the "greatest thing ever," something else may come along that is even better.  One of the best things about life is that you can go to sleep, and wake up the next day learning something completely different from the last.  Sometimes you can even find inspiration in the strangest places.

Extremely creative people inspire me. And so does my family, love, music, movies, books, photography, people (even the crazy ones!), my best friends, and everything in between.  Over the past year I've been inspired to do all sorts of crazy things!  Like write a book!  I've had the idea to do this in the past, but sort of lost interest.  Now that desire is back, and it all started with a spark of emotion from a movie.  Lately, I've found lots of great places that might spark something in your brain, or even get you to try something new in your life and home.

Here are a few things that have inspired me!

DonorsChoose.org - Teachers ask. You choose. Students learn.
DonorsChoose.org- A great non-profit that helps struggling classrooms receive the resources they need.
My best friend is a public school teacher.  The school she teaches at can be considered less than ideal compared to schools in the "richer" neighborhoods.  I know that many times she has had to use her own means to provide some of the most basic items in her classroom.  It's not fair to the students or the teachers!  This organization has provided a way for us to help those teachers get the things they need for their classroom.  So they can stop worrying about "how am I going to do this," and focus on what they are there to do.  Individuals can pick any project that is listed on their site to contribute to.  You can give a little, or choose to pay for the whole project.  I could keep going, but it's great stuff.  Check it out!


Oprah!- Yes, I know!  Some of you are probably thinking, "Oprah, really!?!"  Sometimes I wonder myself.  But besides everyone saying that I looked like her during my middle school days, I have been inspired by her in my life.  When I was young I would say that I wanted to be a combination of Oprah and Donald Trump when I grew up.  She has shown that hard work can take you places, and that having tons of money doesn't mean that you have to keep it all to yourself.  She has done great things in her life, and has done even greater things for those that aren't as fortunate.  So you can say that I do aspire to be like her still, because if I've helped others during my life then I have accomplished something great!


The TomKat Studio-  Fabulous is right!  If you stuck trying to find ideas for your next party, no matter what the occasion, then The TomKat Studio is perfect for you.  Designer/Editor Kim Stoegbauer is one fancy lady!  Her and her team know how to organize all of the great resources on the site.  I consider myself to be a crafty person, but sometimes you need a little pick me up.  And I think that TomKat is that when I'm in a crafting rut.  It's so colorful, and all of the great ideas just make me want to plan an event or get back to my flower creations.  It has inspired me to make my event planning business as amazing as all her event creations.


Tatertots & Jello-  While participating in the SITSGirls31DBBB, I had to analyze a top blog in my niche.  So I chose a blog that I have been admiring, or some would say "stalking," for a little while.  Jen at Tatertots & Jello has some great projects!  Not only for your home but for about everything you can think of.  It's another great source of inspiration if you need a great DIY tutorial for a home decor project.  You can find all her project categories nicely organized in her side bar.  So if you're looking for something specific you can start there.  She also does some pretty awesome giveaways!

I don't want to go into link overkill, so I'll stop with those 4 great inspirations.  However, I'm thinking about making a weekly inspiration post.  In it I'd post 1-2 things that I found to be inspirational that week, or something from the past.  What do you think, sound good?  If you can check out the lovely ladies and DonorsChoose.  And let me know in a comment, What Inspires You?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...